Flourless Chocolate Cake
8 oz (226 grams) good-quality bittersweet chocolate
8 tbsp (113 g) unsalted butter
6 large eggs, separated
3/4 c (150 g) sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
Cocoa powder or powdered sugar for dusting
Raspberries and Blackberries for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 in springform pan with parchment paper, then grease the paper for best results.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave or double-boiler. Allow to cool.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and the pinch of salt until soft peaks form, the mix in 1/2 cup (100g) of sugar.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar and vanilla. Slowly stir the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, then carefully fold in the egg whites. Be careful not to overmix or it will deflate.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes. You want the cake to be fully set around the edges but still slightly gooey in the center. Initially, allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove to cool completely.
6. Dust with cocoa/powdered sugar and serve with fruit, ice cream, or whipped cream.