3 tbsp full-fat dairy (heavy cream, half-and-half, whole milk, sour cream, creme fraiche, yogurt– max 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2- 1 cup cheese (feta, mozzarella, cheddar)
approx 3 c vegetables/greens
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees for stovetop method, 350 degrees for baked
2. Crack the eggs and whisk in the dairy. Add cheese, reserving a bit for topping. Set aside.
3. Saute your veggies of choice with a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet (cast-iron if you are planning on sticking it in the oven). Cook until tender, then add greens and season to taste.
4. If continuing the cast iron route, add the egg/dairy mixture to the sauteed vegetables. Stir to distribute evenly. Sprinkle with cheese. Allow for it to cook slightly for a minute, then transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are puffed and appear cooked, can be a bit jiggly (it will continue cooking even after you remove it from the oven).
5. If choosing to bake in muffin tins: Let the vegetables cool slightly before adding to the egg mixture. Make sure you oil the tin very well, spray oil works well. Pour into tins, but fill about 2/3, leaving room for the egg to expand, then top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack then garnish.
-Onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, feta
-Broccoli, cheddar, spinach
-Carmelized sweet potato, red pepper, feta
-Butternut squash with fried sage
-Spinach, artichoke, feta
-Cremini mushroom, arugula, goat cheese
-Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mozzarella, basil
-Yellow onion, carrot, bell pepper, chives
-Pesto/balsamic glaze/hot sauce or salsa