1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb pork loin filet (diced), Italian sausage, or meat of choice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
Italian spices and seasoning (2 tsp- basil, oregano, fennel)
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
32 oz chicken stock
1 can tomato sauce
1 (9 oz) package of refrigerated three cheese tortellini
1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
1/3 c heavy cream
Parmesan cheese to garnish
1. Brown meat in a large stockpot and drain the excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in the same stockpot and add garlic, onion, and Italian seasonings. Stir for 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Stir in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
4. Next add chicken stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened (about 10 minutes)
5. Add the meat and tortellini and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Finally, stir in the kale pieces, following with the heavy cream. Season with salt/pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese.